Wednesday 13 May 2020

Gina Dobson styles her own future as a Colour and Style Consultant


As a Colour and Style Consultant, Gina Dobson is in the business of making people look and feel their best. Having worked with people throughout her career, Gina combined her love of fashion and styling and her past experience to set up her own business.

Gina Dobson


Gina explained: “I worked in many different roles in local authorities in Greater Manchester, including libraries and information services but I was made redundant after government cuts.

“I’d already come across the Colour Me Beautiful books when I first started working in libraries which really sparked my interest in colour and style.”  

Gina decided, after her own colour consultation to train with Colour Me Beautiful and use their expertise combined with her own passion to set up her own business; she attended St Helens Chamber’s Be Your Own Boss event to find out what support was available to her.

Gina explained: “I went along and listened to all the support available and I enrolled on the Understanding Enterprise course to learn more about starting a business- Be Your Own Boss gave me the chance to find out about one on one support too. I thought it would be daft not to take advantage of it!”

Gina worked closely with St Helens Chamber’s Start Up team to formulate a business plan and to discuss her ideas on taking the business forward.

Gina said: “It was great working with Steve as he helped me put together a plan. Speaking to Steve was the first time I spoke to someone who didn’t know me about my business and it was great to use him as a sounding board for my ideas and to talk to someone externally who can help with costing, marketing and more. He really helped give me the impetus to keep going.”

Gina’s business is growing quickly, helping people look and feel great by providing insights into which colours and clothing styles work best for them.

Gina explained: “I’m a personal stylist and image consultant, a lot of people come to me for colour analysis which is where I look at someone’s colouring in good daylight in my studio and then use coloured drapes to see how the colours are reflecting onto the face – so for a few hours people are pampered in my studio and it’s all about them.

“I also do makeup lessons, so people can practice doing their makeup themselves and they know which colours to buy and what suits them. When you wear colours which work for you, you look more confident and this is what I try and achieve with every client – it’s a great job to do, making sure everyone leaves happy.”

Gina is now making the most of Chamber Membership and is attending networking events and using all the Chamber Member Benefits available to her.

 “I’ve found the Chamber Membership really useful for networking and getting support from other businesses, and for helping me find out about everything going on in the area. I’ve recently run a style and confidence workshop with Sandra Edwards Consulting who I met through the Chamber.

“My Start Up adviser Steve encouraged me to start going to the business breakfast when I launched and I’ve made some great connections in a short time, thanks to my Chamber Membership.”

St Helens Chamber is part of Enterprise Hub, the enterprise gateway for business start-up support in Merseyside.  Offering expert advice and support to anyone thinking about starting a business, including help to:

• Understand the process of starting a business
• Research a business idea
• Build a comprehensive business plan
• Develop a marketing plan
• Create financial forecasts to understand the costs of running your business and potential income
• Identify sources of finance to get started

Enterprise Hub is funded by the European Regional Development Fund.

If you’d like to know more about Gina’s work, visit https://www.ginadobsoncolour.co.uk/ or call on 07598 367 552

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.