Wednesday 8 June 2016

Lorraine Bedwell Benefits from Enterprise Hub Support to Launch 'Chuse Me CV'

Thanks to support through Enterprise Hub, local entrepreneur Lorrain Bedwell has launched her own business 'Chuse Me CV'.  Lorraine told us about her new business  "Finding a job can be daunting and we are here to help you along the way. With 14 years professional recruitment experience, we are well positioned to help you with your job search.’"

Previous to starting her own business, Lorraine was a Senior Sales Manager for a recruitment company, but had always wanted to start her own business, feeling she had gone as far as she could with her previous role. Once she had decided to start her own business, this was where the real decisions had to be made. 



Lorraine said "It was difficult to begin with because I was tempted to continue with what I know and start an educational recruitment business. However, I knew there were constant changes within education and I didn’t want to make any hasty decisions. I decided to take my time and consider the pros and cons and also look at alternatives, giving myself 3 months to make a decision.

It was within that time I began to explore recruitment avenues and look for inspiration. I also revisited many of the entrepreneurial books that have inspired by over the years. As my three month deadline approached, I thought about a piece of advice that James Caan’s Father gave to him. It was;

“Observe the masses: Do the opposite”

This is when things began to drop into place for Lorraine as she thought about this inspiring quote; "I decided then to do something different. Rather than focus on the client side of recruitment, I wanted to focus on the candidate side” said Lorraine. .

This is when Lorraine decided to build her own brand and got in touch with Enterprise Hub partners The Women’s Organisation, taking full advantage of the range of free training courses on offer and also pairing up with Senior Business Adviser; John Jones. 

Reflecting on the help she had receive Lorraine said "The Women’s Organisation has been really great for giving me a greater understanding of things like Accountancy and Social Media for business. My business adviser John has been particularly helpful, he’s given me lots of useful information and has been readily available to answer any questions I’ve had!"

Lorraine is consciours that she will have more to learn along the way, but is pleased with how things are progressing so far saying:

"ChuseMe CV is going really well so far. Right now it’s in its embryonic stage! The website has just gone live and I have been spending lots of time setting up Social Media and trying to get to grips with the website and creating content’. Running my own business is great. It’s about the excitement of creating something new, the extraordinary learning curve and the new people that I get to meet!’"

We look forward to seeing how Lorraine develops Chuse Me CV, and wish her ongoing success with her venture.

If you would like to find out more about Lorraine and ChuseMe CV then head over to her website or you can also email at Lorraine@chusemecv.com

And if you’ve been inspired by Lorraine’s story and are thinking about starting up your own business, then get in touch with Enterprise Hub for advice, support and training!  Email enterprisehub@thewo.org.uk or ring us on 0151 706 8113.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.