Wednesday 2 November 2016

Stephen Hatches his New Business with Enterprise Hub Support

Stephen Donoghue has used 17 years of industry experience to launch his own web design and digital marketing business with support from Enterprise Hub.

EggBox Web Design offers complete web solutions to help businesses achieve their goals, whether this is increasing sales, gaining new customers or promoting their products and services more effectively.


Stephen was made redundant from his full time job and finally decided it was time to take the leap into self-employment. He said: “I have wanted to go it alone for years, to make my own decisions and set up my own business as I knew I would be more motivated to work harder to make the business a success.”

Having decided to go it alone Stephen contacted St Helens Chamber for support. He was assigned a dedicated business adviser who worked with him to develop his business plan and attended regular workshops and networking events to grow his skills.

Stephen said: “Once I was introduced to the Chamber I had an interview with my adviser George. After listening to my business idea, I was given instant feedback and advice on the sector I was entering into, which was very helpful. It didn’t feel like I was just another person passed onto the course.

“The workshops I attended were a great way of focusing on key aspects of starting a business; from business planning, marketing, pricing and managing money. We covered many things I hadn’t even considered before setting up my business.

Stephen has also been building contacts with other local entrepreneurs. He commented: “I was introduced to other start ups in exactly the same position as me. This gave me a friendly and supportive environment to be in at the very early stages because we were all facing similar challenges.”

Stephen is very happy with the support he received through Enterprise Hub. He added: “The level of knowledge and professionalism from the advisers plus their encouragement and support really helped me at the crucial early stages.

“I can’t emphasise enough my appreciation and need for this support as I feel the beginning is the hardest when you are trying to get the business off the ground.”

“There will be situations that may lift you out of your comfort zone, but this is all designed to help you face the many real challenges that you will encounter when running a business.”


“If you are looking to start a business, don’t be afraid to reach out and get the professional help that is there.”

If like Stephen you are facing a career crossroads and would like to explore the option of working for yourself, find out more about the FREE support you can access through the Enterprise Hub, part funded by European Regional Development Fund.
Contact the Enterprise Hub team today on 0151 706 8113 or enterprisehub@thewo.org.uk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.